Laboratory of Support and Development of Applications
Any problems related to computer software in buildings A and B, to network and other technical issues connected with faculty’s IT system shall be reported to the Laboratory of support and development of applications:
Websites and services
- management of the faculty e-learning systems (Moodle, MS Teams) and supporting the users,
- management and technical maintenance of the faculty website in Polish and English and faculty webpages on the Intranet,
- maintenance of faculty webpages (Postgraduate studies, Partners, Mathematical and IT education, webpages of projects),
- management and coordination of works in USOS/USOSweb, PD, SRS, Planista, Ankieter, EZD at the faculty,
- management of voting system during the faculty council meetings,
- planning, implementing and developing the webpages and systems for the faculty,
- preparing manuals and providing training regarding the implemented systems,
- supporting faculty promotion and maintaining faculty websites in social media.
Systems and services
- management of user accounts - labs domain in Active Directory,
- making resources available for projects - web hosting accounts and virtual machines,
- administration of services supporting the development of programming projects - Jira, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins,
- providing access to databases,
- enabling remote access to resources ssh, remote desktop, VPN, Proxy,
- administration of electronic mail in the domain wmi.amu.edu.pl,
- control over the network file systems,
- supporting administrative staff and research and teaching staff in terms of networks and computer systems usage,
- backup services and management and data recovering.
Equipment and classrooms
- support of computer labs: work stations (Windows and Linux), technical equipment and software,
- administration and management of computer hardware used for teaching purposes,
- support and maintenance of multimedia rooms, halls and Faculty Council meeting room,
- preparation of computer equipment for staff,
- support and maintenance of the faculty printers and scanners,
- maintenance, replacement and repair of the equipment.
Network and server infrastructure
- administration of faculty network and access to the Internet,
- management of the faculty wireless network,
- configuration of network services – DNS, DHCP,
- preparation and maintenance of servers and operating systems running on these servers,
- monitoring and controlling the security of services, servers and network devices,
- providing working conditions for staff servers.
- receiving and processing notifications,
- technical support of projects and events at the faculty,
- planning the purchase of hardware, software and services.